Our friends at C-Skins Wetsuits are giving away a year’s sponsorship for one lucky young surfer. All you need to do is send us in some proof that you’re worthy of their backing.
To enter send us a 30-90-second Quick Cut edit that showcases your surfing, lifestyle and character. We’ll feature the best ones right here on New Zealand Surf Journal and, at the end of February 2023, the best one will be selected by our mates at C-Skins. The winner will be famous and warm all winter.
Ten Ideas To Help You Win:
1. Make friends with a filmmaker and pay them, or convince them to create your clip.
2. Have a family member film your sessions and antics, then edit the clip yourself.
3. Have fun with it.
4. Include your mates, too.
5. Try to include a variety of surf spots, sessions and lifestyle sequences.
6. Don’t be afraid to add some audio of you talking.
7. Use royalty free music only (you can get this from YouTube and a few other online portals), or make your own … even better.
8. Mix up the angles.
9. You can submit more than one edit.
10. Just be yourself and enjoy the process …
C-Skins wetsuits are designed and developed in the harsh climates of Northern Hemisphere winters and, while they are a new brand in New Zealand, they come with innovation and an eco-conscience built in. We tested one recently and were happily surprised to call it among one of the best suits we’d tested since NZ Surf Journal started testing wetsuits. You can read about that here.
In the meantime, this little clip might get your creative juices flowing: