As part of our commitment to New Zealand surfboard shapers we’re collaborating with a bunch to bring you the chance to win one of their latest board designs.
Here’s how it works … and how you can win yourself one.
Step 1: We ask a local New Zealand shaper to walk us through one of their boards. We film it and publish that right here on NZ Surf Journal.
Step 2: We then take the board and put it under the feet of a reviewer. They surf the board as much as possible over 4-6 weeks and write up their review at the end of that period. Their review has an emphasis on their experience with the board and details which type of surfer that board is most suited to.
Step 3: We take the exact same board that we review, tidy up the wax on it a bit and give it away to one of our subscribers … that could be you. Here’s how to make sure you’re in with the best chance at winning the board.
How To Win:
• You must be a current subscriber to New Zealand Surf Journal
• You must tell us in a short comment on our board giveaway post, on social media (Facebook or Instagram) @nzsurfjournal why you should win the board.
• Most creative answer, as judged by our team, wins the board.
The Fine Print:
• The winner will be selected in a game of skill based on the creativity of their comment explaining why they should win.
• The winner must be a current paid up subscriber to New Zealand Surf Journal.
• The prizewinner must arrange for transport (at their own cost) to collect the board from its review location.
• The winner must allow their image to be used to promote the board giveaway and in any future promotions that may arise. This includes, but is not limited to, New Zealand Surf Journal, the surfboard manufacturer and any contributing brands.
• The competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
• The board that is given away is the exact same board that has featured in the walkthrough and in the review. It will come with a tailpad and, as it has been used, may also have some pressure dings and signs of use. It won’t come with fins or a leash.
• The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
• This competition is conducted by New Zealand Surf Journal in collaboration with the surfboard shaper.
• New Zealand Surf Journal is owned by Adventure Media Group Ltd NZBN: 9429032310825
• The decision date is published within the original promotion artwork.
• Entries will be accepted up to 12 noon on the date of the decision.
• Paid contributors, reviewers and members of the New Zealand Surf Journal team are ineligible to enter.
• Winners will be notified through social media and via email and will have 48 hours to respond after which time the board will be offered to the next best response and so on.