2021 Emerson’s Search For New Zealand’s Underground Chargers
Terms and Conditions
• You must be over 18 to enter this competition as a surfer or a nominator.
• When a surfer is selected for inclusion we will reward the surfer and the first person to nominate that surfer with an Emerson’s merchandise pack.
• At our discretion we will also award an Emerson’s merchandise pack to any additional nominators who also share or leave a short comment on any of our Underground Charger stories hosted on our New Zealand Surf Journal platform.
• A panel of experts will assess each nominated surfer to decide their inclusion in this first round of the Search For New Zealand’s Underground Chargers.
The Fine Print:
• The winners will be selected from the nominated surfers only and assessed by our panel of experts.
• The winners and nominators must be over 18.
• The prizewinner must provide a physical address to receive their Emerson’s merchandise pack.
• At the conclusion of the season, the panel will assess the winning surfers and the most deserving surfer among those will also win a big-wave Quarry Beach model shaped by the legendary Graham, Carse
• The winner must allow their image to be used to promote the Search For New Zealand’s Underground Chargers and in any future promotions that may arise. This includes, but is not limited to, New Zealand Surf Journal, Emerson’s Brewery, Quarry Beach Surfboards and any contributing brands.
• The competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
• The board that is given away at the end of the competition will be featured in New Zealand Surf Journal. The board is a big-wave Quarry Beach model shaped by the legendary Graham, Carse.
• The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
• This competition is conducted by New Zealand Surf Journal in collaboration with the surfboard shaper and Emerson’s Brewery.
• New Zealand Surf Journal is owned by Adventure Media Group Ltd NZBN: 9429032310825
• The decision dates are published within the original promotion and subsequent features.
• Entries will be accepted throughout the big-wave season, which runs from February until November 2021. The winners will be notified throughout the period and their name will be published the following day.
• Paid contributors, reviewers and members of the New Zealand Surf Journal team are ineligible to enter.
• Winners will be notified through social media and via email and will have 48 hours to respond after which time we will pass the baton to the next most-deserving nominated surfer.